The Microsoft campus agreement is live until 31/05/2017.
A multi-party framework agreement exists to assist procurement. Please see Microsoft Framework for further information.
The new agreement offers new features over and above the previous agreement.
- Academic Select is replaced by Select Plus
- MSDN AA is replaced by Dreamspark Premium
- Office 365 Plan A2
- Forefront Online Protection for Exchange or any other mail server
- Azure for Students and Teaching
- Dreamspark for students
- Students and Staff can obtain Microsoft Office 2013 ProPlus at ZERO cost via your home institution
- MS Office can be deployed on up to 5 devices PC or Mac and will run for as long as you are a registered student
- In addition you get 1 TB of OneDrive for Business storage for free
- Go to portal.office.com, give your IT login name and append your institution’s name, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave the password field blank and hit Sign in
- Alternatively if you want Office that works after you graduate you can try these sites. Costs may vary!
How to use the agreement:
There are 4 main flavours of engagement with Microsoft:
- Campus EES – 100 FTE or above
- Campus OVS/ES – less than 100 FTE
- Select Plus
- Open Academic Pricing
Microsoft has assessed all HEAnet clients for eligibility under the Campus Agreement and a definitive list is available
- To sign up to Dreamspark Premium please notify your EdLAR. Make sure the Dreamspark is ordered at an institution and not a department level. This includes Lab licenses. Dreamspark is federated via EduGate
- Office 365 Plan A2, contact your EdLar. This agreement includes running elements of Sharepoint, Exchange, Lync or your own equipment or hosted by Microsoft. Hybrid solutions are also supported for Exchange. If you have a requirement for certain staff to have plan A3 or A4 subscription level, this is supported at additional cost to those users only
- Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) is a mail filtering service against spam, viruses, phishing scams, and email policy violations. It can filter email for any email system, not just Exchange based systems.
- To avail of Azure contact Microsoft directly
- Student Software available under the agreement:
- The same offers are available as with Campus EES except that the route to access certain items is through Microsoft directly and not through the EdLAR. Your EdLAR will advise you accordingly.
- By committing to a projected spend over the duration of the agreement better pricing is achieved over Academic pricing. This is available to users of Campus EES, Campus OVS/ES and other members as approved by Microsoft. Your EdLAR will advise you accordingly
- Your EdLAR (Microsoft Education Resellers) will advise on product pricing. See Microsoft Framework for further information.
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact:email@example.com