National University of Ireland Galway
Senior Technical Officer in Biomedical Engineering - Part Time
National University of Ireland, Galway
Senior Technical Officer in Biomedical Engineering
(Part Time, 0.5)
The discipline of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering, within the College of Engineering and Informatics wishes to appoint a Senior Technical Officer in Biomedical Engineering, on a part-time (0.5) basis. Biomedical Engineering is one of the key educational and research areas at NUI Galway that includes the highly successful BE Biomedical Engineering degree programme, and a rapidly expanding biomedical engineering research programme that receives substantial funding from government agencies and industry. Biomedical science and engineering is one of the University’s five priority research themes and Galway is recognized as an international hub of the medical technology industry. NUI Galway’s new 14,000m2 engineering building is the largest school of engineering and informatics in the country, and houses new state of the art biomedical engineering laboratories.
Duties of the position will include:-
Information on the College is available online at: www.nuigalway.ie/engineering
For informal discussion, contact Professor Peter McHugh by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 353-91-493152.
· Honours degree in a relevant area and a Masters degree/equivalent in a relevant area.
· Excellent communication and organisational skills, attention to detail, independent initiative and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
· Cell and tissue biology experience.
· Experience and expertise in cell culture, immunohistochemistry, histology, microscopy and molecular biology.
· Experience of working in a research environment and managing a cell culture laboratory.
* Note: The recommendations of the ‘Report of the Expert Group on University Technician Grades’ will apply to the selection process.
Senior Technical Officer Appointments
€47,679 p.a. to €57,531 p.a.(pro rata)
€42,911 p.a. to €51,778 p.a.(pro rata) (applicable to new entrants effective from January, 2011)
(This appointment will be made on the Senior Technical scale in line with current Government pay policy)
Closing date for receipt of applications is midnight (local time) on Thursday, 21st June 2012. It will not be possible to consider applications after the closing date.
All applicants will receive an acknowledgement within 2 working days. If you do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application within this timeframe or if you have any other queries regarding the application process please contact Alan Kelly at 01 8587681 or email email@example.com
Please note that appointment to posts advertised will be dependent upon the terms of the employment control framework for the higher education sector.
National University of Ireland Galway is an equal opportunities employer.
|Back to Vacancies Page|