We at HEAnet respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2002. The purpose of this Website Privacy Statement is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website.
What personal data do we collect?
We retain two types of information:
- Non-Personal Data. Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website.
- Personal Data. This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, contact address, email address, telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
We collect statistical data about visitor activity on the HEAnet.ie website by using cookies. Cookies are small text files that a website can use to identify visitors. These cookies do not collect any personal information but merely identify visitors and returning visitors. The type of site usage data we collect includes the number of visitors to the site, where they came from, the date and time of the visit, the number of pages viewed and exit pages and navigation patterns. We use this information to create statistics that improve our website.
Purposes for which we hold your Information.
- Non-Personal Data. We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Personal Data. We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with HEAnet services that you have requested
- to contact you if required in connection with your request or to respond to any communications you might send to us.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your request (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
Changes to the Website Privacy Statement
5 George’s Dock
Tel: +353-1-660 90 40
Fax: +353-1-660 36 66.
Registered in Ireland: No. 275301
CHY No. 12414
CRA No. 20036270
Queries: NOC email@example.com
Inaccuracies, Corrections and Feedback Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org