HEAnet, its member institutions and consumers of its services.
This HEAnet drawdown was run under the Office of Government Procurement’s framework for Microsoft licensing. This is a single-supplier drawdown with Micromail as the vendor.
What products are available under this Agreement?
This drawdown covers your Microsoft campus licensing requirements covering renewal, software and associated services.
The agreement runs until 4th of May 2019.
Workflow to guide you through the order process
- Identify your required software needs in conjunction with your current EdLAR.
- Lay out your licensing product requirements and quantities on the HEAnetMicromail spreadsheet.
- E-mail your order to HEANET-MSLIC17-CAMPREN@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
- Complex orders should allow up to 10 working days for responses. Simpler orders should allow 3-5 working days for responses.
How to use the agreement
There are 4 main flavours of engagement with Microsoft:
- Campus EES – 100 FTE or above
- Campus OVS/ES – less than 100 FTE
- Select Plus
- Open Academic Pricing
Microsoft has assessed all HEAnet clients for eligibility under the Campus Agreement and a definitive list is available
- To sign up to Dreamspark Premium please notify your EdLAR. Make sure the Dreamspark is ordered at an institution and not a department level. This includes Lab licenses. Dreamspark is federated via EduGate
- Office 365 Plan A2, contact your EdLar. This agreement includes running elements of Sharepoint, Exchange, Lync or your own equipment or hosted by Microsoft. Hybrid solutions are also supported for Exchange. If you have a requirement for certain staff to have plan A3 or A4 subscription level, this is supported at additional cost to those users only
- Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) is a mail filtering service against spam, viruses, phishing scams, and email policy violations. It can filter email for any email system, not just Exchange based systems.
- To avail of Azure contact Microsoft directly
- Imagine is available for students via https://imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/catalog
- The same offers are available as with Campus EES except that the route to access certain items is through Microsoft directly and not through the EdLAR. Your EdLAR will advise you accordingly.
- By committing to a projected spend over the duration of the agreement better pricing is achieved over Academic pricing. This is available to users of Campus EES, Campus OVS/ES and other members as approved by Microsoft. Your EdLAR will advise you accordingly
- Your EdLAR (Microsoft Education Resellers) will advise on product pricing. Please see Microsoft drawdown for further information.
To assist you through the myriad of Microsoft products this spreadsheet contains the list of products by long and short name MS_SKUs.xls
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org