What is Video Conferencing?
HEAnet offers a self-managed video conferencing scheduling delivered via the Vscene service, which easily facilitates video conferencing over a wide variety of devices.
HEAnet’s video conferencing service is primarily delivered via the Vscene service, which easily facilitates video conferencing over a wide variety of devices.
This dynamic service allows users to connect with each other via video conference from anywhere in the world, including over our high speed IP network.
- Service Profile vscene.heanet.ie
There is no charge to HEAnet clients for the use of video conferencing.
Who Can Use It?
HEAnet’s video conferencing service is available to staff, academic partners and students.
Institutions can control who has access to the Vscene video conferencing service through speci c permissions in the user’s federated log-in identity.
Minimal Equipment Needs
The Vscene service is designed to be as device inclusive as possible. Older and legacy video conferencing (VC) devices are supported, as well as modern VC units. Vscene can operate with the most basic of webcam / desktop set-ups, with a speci c plug-in for Windows / Mac OSX available.
Vscene is a video collaboration developed by Jisc (UK) that allows you to schedule and manage Video Conferences. Vscene allows users to schedule, or instantly launch conferences, working across technologies to ensure seamless connectivity.
Vscene operates without the need for advanced con guration. Logging into the service is simple, via federated log-in.
- A dedicated service desk to assist with set-up and troubleshooting.
- A desktop plug-in permitting Windows / Mac OS X users to join conferences and share content.
- A conference recording feature
- A simplifed conference confrmation system that works over email
- A 24/7 Quality Assurance testing facility.
Additional HEAnet Services
- Gatekeeper – HEAnet runs both the national gatekeeper and also one of the world root gatekeepers. These allow users to register their units with the GDS (Global Dialing Scheme).
- ISDN Gateway – HEAnet provide an ISDN gateway to allow briding with legacy VC equipment. This is a Dial-In only service.
- VC Frameworks – Additionally, HEAnet offer comprehensive and up-to-date framework agreements for VC unit technical support.
Contact Service Desk / HEAnet
A dedicated Vscene service desk is run by our partner organisation, Jisc, in the UK.
Vscene users in Ireland can contact the service desk by calling +44 131 650 4933, or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vscene service desk hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 21:00, and Saturday, from 08:00 to 17:00. The Vscene service desk also facilitates Annual QA checks for registered systems.
For more information on video conferencing services, please contact email@example.com or by calling 01-660-9040, Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30.