HEAnet clients can create and host their own live streamed events by simply logging into our media hosting service media.heanet.ie and selecting New Stream under the Live tab. You will need:
- a functioning camera / mic set-up to utilise for your event
- an Adobe Live Media Encoder (or a similar RTMP-based encoder) which is linked to for download. You will be provided with the appropriate configuration file
- Membership of the Edugate federation (HEAnet’s authentication service).
This service can be used to stream special lectures, graduation ceremonies, speeches, conferences and other events, providing a high-quality live stream with no equipment or hosting fees:
- Range of Quality Options – Audio only (128 kbps) or Video (360p at lowest, 4k at highest)
- Preview Option – Preview your stream and make adjustments before going live.
- Hold Screen feature – Choose and upload your own holding image for intermissions, changeovers, etc.
- Embed Code and Direct Link – Easily share and embed your live stream on both websites and social media.
- Encoding – Works with all popular encoders.
HEAnet’s live streaming service features an easy-to-use graphical interface, which walks users through the process of setting up a live stream.
With links provided for the required encoder, users can follow the ‘Status Bar’ process to first set up, then preview, and finally go live with the stream.
Your HEAnet media account ensures all set-up live streams are listed and available to access, making it possible to control and direct numerous live streams via a single account.
Cost: HEAnet Live Streaming is available to all HEAnet clients at no additional cost.
Contact our Service Desk, Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30
Tel: +353 (0)1 6609040