HR Team, HEAnet CLG, 5 George’s Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1
HEAnet are seeking to appoint a Financial Accountant who will provide support for the HEAnet Group to ensure that the organisation meets all regulatory, compliance and audit responsibilities in this area. They will support the delivery of the overall Group strategy and goals through the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information.
We are seeking someone with a can-do approach and who thrives in a busy work environment. The successful candidate will be a senior member of the HEAnet Finance Team, currently a team of six, and will report directly to the Finance Manager.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Co-ordinate the 3 year Budget setting process for the central accounts;
- Review and update the Client Contribution Model at budget setting, implementing the Boards’ recommendations;
- Preparation of the central financial management accounts;
- Balance Sheet reconciliation with responsibility for allocated balance sheet accounts;
- Provide financial analysis of budget v actual;
- Prepare meaningful, timely reports, including financial metrics and carry out ad hoc analysis as required;
- Financial Statement preparation and management of statutory audit process.
Accounts Receivable function
- Oversee and co-ordinate the billing process for the business;
- Client invoicing for client services;
- Perform routine checks and balances with other team members;
- Review AR aging reports;
- Dealing with escalated queries;
- Collaborate with staff members to gather information on potential new clients & services;
- Look for opportunities to further improve processes and procedures.
Assist the Finance Manager and the Head of Finance & Administration
- Review project financial management accounts;
- Assist in the adoption of the Higher Education SORP and ensure compliance with relevant Department circulars;
- Assist with the preparation and consolidation of the annual financial report;
- Preparation of internal/external reporting requirements as they arise from the Board and the Group Finance Sub-committee, HEAnet's funders and the Charity Regulator;
- Assist in analysis of costs and develop financial analysis/models to support decision making by management.
- Ongoing assessment of financial risks within the organisation;
- Keep up to date with applicable accounting and regulatory reporting requirements;
- Review and update relevant areas of the financial policies and procedures;
- Support and development of junior team members;
- Support the roll out of new financial systems and processes across the business.
Any other duties within the general requirement of the role which may be required from time to time.
Required Experience, Skills & Aptitudes
- Minimum of 1 years’ post qualified experience in a similar role in industry;
- Comfortable with Windows based programs including intermediate level Excel;
- Excellent knowledge of computerised accounts packages;
- Strong numeracy and competent accountancy skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member;
- Proven ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously ;
- Shows high energy for improving processes and problem solving;
- Adaptable and positive attitude with a flexible approach to work;
- Must be capable of delivering accurate results, while adhering to deadlines.
- Knowledge of Irish and EU procurement procedures;
- Experience preparing accounts under the Higher Education SORP;
- Experience in implementing a new Finance system a distinct advantage;
- An interest and preferably an understanding of the latest developments in the IT environment.
Hold a professional accountant qualification, ACCA, CPA, ACA or equivalent, with relevant industry experience.
Other Relevant Information
- Should be able to handle various pressure situations and workload through proper work balance, prioritisation and delegation;
- Good inter-personal skills;
- Good work ethic and "will do" attitude;
- Creative mind with initiative and self-motivation;
- Successful completion of project work undertaken in a financial/business context.
The successful candidate will be based at HEAnet's office, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Senior Administration pay band (dependent on experience and qualifications).
This is a permanent contract and includes an 8 month probationary period.
We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV with cover letter and include your salary expectations to email@example.com.
HEAnet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.