5 Georges Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1
Role Purpose / Summary:
HEAnet CLG and its subsidiary EduCampus Services DAC are looking to recruit a shared Compliance Officer.
The Compliance Officer’s role is keep the company’s business dealings in GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI ethically sound and legally pristine, and to educate the entire Group to ensure the highest possible level of compliance.
The role holder will be required to understand and advise on all GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI compliance matters impacting the Group, provide interpretation on the application of Regulations and oversight on business proposals where relevant. The role holder will develop compliance standards, guidance documents and assist in the development and delivery of training.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The successful candidate will undertake the following:
GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI responsibilities:
- Provide advice and guidance on GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI compliance matters relevant to the Group and its stakeholders.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI matters.
- Maintain a deep understanding of GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI regulation in order to share knowledge across the business.
- Develop GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI guidance documentation and training manuals for Group employees.
- Responsible for the delivery of GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI training to Group employees and other groups as required.
- Develop the internal reporting requirements with the Executive Management Team.
- Ensuring the reporting requirements are met, fit for purpose and reporting completed for the Group.
- Reviewing /drafting recommendations for the Executive Management Team on all GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI matters.
- Complete an annual policy review process - work with the executive teams to review, develop and implement relevant compliance policies for the Group and define a communication process.
- Overseeing and instilling the relevant GDPR, ePrivacy and FOI processes.
GDPR & ePrivacy:
- Implement requirements of the GDPR and ePrivacy regulations.
- Apply strong understanding of data protection law and compliance regulation to the Group.
- Provide advice, guidance and training to other colleagues on GDPR and ePrivacy developments.
- Good understanding of data protection risks across the ICT industry.
- Responsible for the management of GDPR and ePrivacy incidents and act as the advisor to the Group.
Freedom of Information (FOI):
- Manage and responsible for all Group FOI requests.
- Coordinate, monitor and advise staff on Freedom of Information (FOI) requests.
- Reviewing FOI policies and procedures.
- Liaise with all FOI decision-makers to ensure that all relevant legislative and regulatory procedures are adhered.
- Liaise with all FOR decision-makers to ensure that relevant functions are informed in advance of records or information that it is proposed should be released under FOI.
- Lead role in driving efficient record management systems for the Group.
Any other duties within the general requirement of the role which may be required from time to time.
Required Experience, Skills & Aptitudes:
- At least three years ePrivacy/data protection / FOI experience.
- Demonstrable strong stakeholder management skills required for influencing across the Group.
- Courage to 'stand up and be counted' even when view is unpopular at a more senior level.
- Ability to analyse complex information and identify key and relevant points, including communicating in a relevant and easy to understand manner.
- Ability to foster trusted relationships.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- A good work ethic with a positive “can do attitude” and approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Friendly, collaborative approach.
- Strong influencing & communications skills and has the confidence to deal with management at all levels.
- Desire to increase knowledge and learn new skills.
A relevant professional qualification [legal, ACOI (The Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland) or relevant data protection qualification] or equivalent experience.
Other Relevant Information:
- Project management skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
The successful candidate will be based between the HEAnet's office, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1 and the EduCampus office, 5 Exchange Place, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Dependent on experience and qualifications.
We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV with cover letter and include your salary expectations to email@example.com.
HEAnet and EduCampus are proud to be an equal opportunity employers.