Tyndall National Institute
Lee Maltings, Dyke Parade, Cork
EP-22 Postdoc position on photonic quantum technologies with controlled site-controlled quantum dots
Contract: Full Time/ Fixed Term
Tyndall National Institute at University College Cork invites applications for a Postdoctoral opportunity.
The Epitaxy and Physics of Nanostructures (EPN) group, Tyndall National Institution and University College Cork fund a Postdoc position on “Photonic quantum technologies with controlled site-controlled quantum dots“.
The Epitaxy and Physics of Nanostructures group is a well-established research team in Ireland addressing quantum technology applications of III-V site-controlled quantum dots (see e.g. Gediminas Juska, et al. “Towards quantum dot based arrays of entangled photon emitters”, Nature Photonics 7, 527 (2013); T. H. Chung, et al. “Selective carrier injection into patterned arrays of pyramidal quantum dots for entangled photon light-emitting diodes”, Nature Photonics 10, 782 (2016)).
- The focus of this position will be to develop innovative resonant pumping techniques, matched to external tuning knobs, allowing obtaining nearly perfect sources of quantum light from Pyramidal quantum dots.
- Moreover, strategies for coherent control and the exploration of discordant quantum states will be actively explored.
- The successful candidate is also expected to engage in PhD mentoring and supervision, and also follow Tyndall outreach engagement policies.
- Participate in Education and Public Engagement activities, as required.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management system.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
The Postdoc level position is open for candidates of EU and non EU nationalities. We welcome applications from talented candidates with strong motivation and experimental skills. The appointment is for one year with the possibility of extension (up to four years), and previous experience in the field is preferentially requested.
The group is led by Dr. E. Pelucchi.
- Postdoctoral applicants must hold a PhD in Physics or a related discipline before the start of the contract.
- They should have a rich CV and experience in quantum technologies, or at least in a field close to the topics (QDs, Entangled photon emission, coherent pumping etc.) to be investigated.
- Highly self-motivated applicants with strong experimental attitude.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong background in at least one of the following areas: QDs as sources of quantum light, cryogenic quantum optics, quantum photonic circuits, experimental quantum computation.
Informal enquiries concerning these positions can be made to Dr. Emanuele Pelucchi (email@example.com)
Appointment may be made on the IUA Researcher Scale €37,221 - €44,266. In all instances the successful appointment will be at the first point of the scale.
Application Instructions: Please click here to access Job Description and Application instructions https://www.tyndall.ie/ep-22-postdoc-position-on-photonic-quantum-technologies-with-controlled-site-con
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.