Tyndall National Institute
Lee Maltings, Dyke Parade, Cork
IOC-19 Researcher Analogue to Digital Converters
Contract: Full-time/ Fixed Term
Microelectronic Circuits Centre Ireland (MCCI) is an EI / IDA technology centre hosted at Tyndall National Institute. Its mission is to carry out industry-led world-class Analog, Mixed-Signal and RF integrated circuit research and to deliver trained people and IP to industry. MCCI is already collaborating with 35 companies and many of the staff eventually transfer into the thriving microelectronics industry in Ireland. MCCI targets real-life applications with its research and currently has projects in diverse topics such as DNA detection for food safety, next generation optical communications, bio-sensing, imaging for security applications and early cancer detection.
MCCI is carrying out innovative research in the areas of Sensor Interfaces, Data-converters, Frequency Synthesis, High speed optical transceivers and Power management integrated circuits to enable new applications. With a focus on advanced geometry process nodes, Digitally-Assisted-Analog techniques such as digital pre-distortion, post-correction and calibration can be used in such deep-submicron technologies to improve the performance of traditional Analog circuits and these techniques are at the core of MCCI research.
Please refer to www.mcci.ie for more information.
MCCI has a vacancy for a Post-doctoral researcher in the area of Analogue Mixed-Signal Circuits, specialising in Analogue to Digital Converters (ADC) and/or sensor interfaces.
- Carry out and lead innovative research in Analogue Mixed-Signal integrated circuit design in the area of ADC and/or sensor interfaces.
- Take a leadership role on existing research projects under the direction of a Principal Investigator to develop new architectures, circuits and algorithms.
- Design Analogue Mixed Signal Circuits, which may include system level simulation, algorithm development, schematic design, layout and validation of manufactured silicon.
- Work on collaborative research projects with MCCI industry partners who include companies such as Xilinx, Analog Devices, Cypress, On Semi, M/A-COM.
- Engage in the dissemination and publication of the results of the research aiming for high quality publications such as ISSCC and JSSC.
- Mentor Masters, Ph.D. Students and junior research staff.
- Participate in Education and Public Engagement activities, as required.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management system.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post
Required Experience and Qualifications
- The minimum academic qualification is a Ph.D. in Analogue Mixed-Signal Design, preferably in the area of Data Converters or sensor interfaces.
- Experience of integrated circuits from specification to tape-out and silicon validation is required.
- Experience leading small research teams and/or mentoring is desirable.
- A track record of generating novel ideas which improve on state of the art is required.
- Publications in IEEE conferences and journals such as ISSCC, JSSC, ESSCIRC, CICC, VLSI Symposium, RF IC, TCAS-I is desirable.
- The successful candidate will be highly innovative with a strong desire to create world-beating integrated circuits research for real-life applications.
- The successful candidate will be highly analytical with good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Any queries relating to this position can be forwarded to Dr. Ivan O' Connell on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that an appointment to posts advertised will be dependent on University approval, together with the terms of the employment control framework for the higher education sector.
Appointment may be made on the IUA Researcher Scale €37,221 - €44,266.
Application Instructions:Please click here to access Job Description and Application instructions https://www.tyndall.ie/ioc-19-researcher-analogue-to-digital-converters
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.