EduCampus Services Ltd
EduCampus, 5 Exchange Place, Dublin 1
Business AnalystEduCampus Services DAC is a subsidiary company of HEAnet CLG, established in May 2015 to take responsibility for a portfolio of shared IT services for the Higher Education Sector. EduCampus provides a centralised and expert shared IT service which involves implementing, maintaining and supporting business-critical and regulatory systems comprising student information, financial management, hr/payroll and library applications.
EduCampus offers candidates a competitive remuneration package (including pension, company sponsored health care, flexible starting times and annual leave); a technologically challenging and cutting-edge working environment and an annual performance management and development process.
EduCampus are looking to appoint a Business Analyst who will report to the Head of Solution Development with the relevant experience required to successfully participate in a portfolio of strategic projects.
The Business Analyst must have a proven track record of involvement in the implementation of large-scale MIS programmes in complex organisations which required substantial business process change. The ability to engage effectively with the Project Team and other key stakeholders and to provide significant technical knowledge are key requirements.
The successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Analysing and delivering business process initiatives by either managing some components of large initiatives or all components of medium sized initiatives.
- Meeting with user groups to gather and analyse end user requirements
- Analysing workflow to create process maps and isolate areas of potential improvement.
- Developing functional specifications that design and document desired outcome of system enhancement/development.
- Coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure the overall efficiency, functionality and user friendliness of system enhancement/development.
- Preparing material and providing training and assistance to end-users during and following implementation.
- Working as a crucial component of a project team responsible for upgrading existing systems or implementing new systems.
- In conjunction with the Solution Development Team ensure a high level of co-operation in delivering the overall MIS Development Programme
- At least four (4) years’ experience in a business analysis role with proven experience in the implementation of complex information systems projects;
- Strong understanding of all aspects of systems implementation and software development life cycles.
- Knowledge and experience of business analysis approaches, tools and techniques;
- A proven track record of excellent communication and customer service skills enabling successful collaboration with key stakeholders;
- Proven ability to translate client requirements into tangible projects.
- Knowledge of public procurement tendering processes;
- Previous experience in or strong understanding of the Public Sector, and the Education Sector particularly;
- Domain knowledge in the following areas: human resources, library management, finance management, payroll management, student records management;
- Technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts.
- Outstanding ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate solutions;
- Sound judgment, problem solving and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems;
- Advanced knowledge of business process re-engineering;
- Outstanding specification writing/documentation skills;
- Strong customer service focus, interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships both internally and externally to EduCampus Services DAC;
- A flexible attitude to the evolving needs of the post and its environment;
- Ability to work as a team member and individual.
- Proven people management and leadership ability;
- Trustworthy, open and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity;
- A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for the job;
- Proactive and collaborative approach;
- A desire to learn new skills and develop within the position.
A degree or equivalent academic or professional 3rd level qualification or equivalent experience.
Location: The successful candidate will be based at EduCampus’s office, 5 Exchange Place, Dublin 1.
Closing Date: We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send their CV to email@example.com