HEAnets office, 5 Georges Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Management AccountantRole Purpose / Summary:
HEAnet are seeking to fill a Management Accountant role within the accounts team in HEAnet’s Corporate Services function. The core responsibility will involve reviewing services to ensure costs and charges are appropriate, fair and sustainable.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller the successful candidate will also support HEAnet’s governance function, which will include coordinating an outsourced internal audit service provider and supporting the preparation of reports to the Audit Committee.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The successful candidate will undertake the following:
Core Management Accountant duties;
- Developing and reviewing costing models on an on-going basis to ensure services are fair and sustainable;
- Supporting technical teams with developing new costing / charging models for new services;
- Working with HEAnet’s project management office to ensure adequate financial management on projects;
- Liaising between the accounts team and technical service owners to ensure the service administration (contracts / invoicing) are up to date;
- Coordinating the annual budget setting process within the accounts team;
- Developing management reports of financial and non-financial data.
- Coordinating an outsourced internal audit provider who is completing audit assignments against a three-year internal audit plan set by the board;
- Supporting the financial management team with the preparation of reports to the Audit Committee;
- Supporting the roll-out and implementation of a new finance management system in 2019;
- Additional finance and accounting support tasks within the wider accounts team, as required.
Required Experience, Skills & Aptitudes:Essential
- Experience in a role developing and reporting against costing models;
- Experience reporting and presenting financial information to finance and non-finance people at a senior level;
- Microsoft Dynamics);
- Experience preparing a P&L and balance sheet
- Excellent core accounting skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically intermediate to advanced functions in Excel;
- Trustworthy, open and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity;
- A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for the job;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member;
- Proactive and collaborative approach.
- An ability to set and meet realistic deadlines
- An ability to discuss financial issues with technical IT staff with little financial training
- Good communication and inter-personal skills;
- HEAnet will be implementing a new accounts system in 2019. Experience of implementing new accounting software and designing general ledger codes / charts of accounts would be an advantage;
- An understanding of not-for-profit accounting / the Higher Education SORP
- Microsoft Office365 (SharePoint, Power BI etc.)
- Experience with formalised internal audit units, risk management / risk registers or other governance related support
Qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent) with at least two years post qualification experience
Location:The successful candidate will be based at HEAnet's office, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Closing Date:We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV with cover letter and include your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEAnet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.