5 Georges Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1
Networks Service Delivery ManagerHEAnet is seeking to appoint a Service Delivery Manager to join its Networks Team and manage supplier relations, circuit procurement and the successful delivery of some network projects.
The successful candidate will have proven track record of successful delivery of large scale projects, ideally in a technology solutions environment, with the ability to engage effectively with external stakeholders, clients, vendors, as well as Management and technologists within the HEAnet organisation being a key requirement. The role will report to the Networks Manager.
Key Responsibility AreasThe successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Lead the procurement of new client links (dark fibre or managed links (fibre, copper, wireless) in association with the Brokerage and Procurement Compliance staff;
- Project manage the installation and set up of new client network services;
- Manage vendor relationships and network service contracts;
- Manage datacentre contracts and relationships;
- Adhere to the HEAnet-prescribed project methodology (PMP is the reference) for each project assigned, including preparation of project initiation documents, project plans, risk mitigation and issue resolution strategy, project reporting, project closure, and so forth;
- Contribute to managing the HEAnet recurrent network services budget and work to grow the network while keeping cost increases as low as possible;
- Provide input on HEAnet project methodologies and delivery processes with a view to continuous improvement;
- Co-ordinate with the relevant HEAnet Managers regarding resource planning for project delivery;
- Support the Networks manager in incident management as required;
- Manage site documentation, capacity planning, asset inventory, and hardware sparing functions at HEAnet’s datacentre locations;
- Work with the Innovation R&D team to plan and deliver cost-effective HEAnet backbone fibre and other network infrastructure.
- Any other duties within the general requirement of the role which may be required from time to time.
- Required Experience, Skills & Aptitudes
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a project management role with proven experience in managing the implementation of complex systems or infrastructure projects;
- Knowledge of wide area networking (BGP, MPLS, Ethernet);
- Excellent vendor management and an ability to ensure the most economically advantageous outcome for HEAnet and its clients;
- A proven track record of excellent communication and customer service skills enabling successful collaboration with key stakeholders;
- A proven ability to translate Stakeholder requirements into tangible project plans;
- Experience in effectively managing project budgets;
- Experience in Change Management and Risk Management;
- Sound judgment, problem solving and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems;
- Experience in managing projects delivered by external vendors;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships both internally and externally;
- A flexible attitude to the evolving needs of the post and its environment;
- Ability to work as a project manager or project team member;
- Proven people management and leadership ability within project teams;
- Trustworthy, open and transparent, with a high degree of personal integrity;
- A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for the job;
- Proactive and collaborative approach;
- A desire to learn new skills and develop within the position.
- Previous experience or strong understanding of the Education & Research Sector;
- Knowledge of public procurement tendering processes;
- Experience of change management methodologies;
- Knowledge of datacentre and/or optical networking;
- Experience managing a technical team, with at least three (3) years of experience supporting, deploying or designing networks.
- A degree or equivalent academic or professional 3rd level qualification, or similar relevant experience.
- The successful candidate will be based at HEAnet's office, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1 with potentially limited travel within Ireland subject to project requirements.
- We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible and will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would, therefore, advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should send their CV with cover letter and include your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HEAnet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.