FileSender is a web based application that allows authenticated users to securely and easily send arbitrarily large files to other users. Authentication of users is provided through SAML2, LDAP and RADIUS. Users without an account can be sent an upload voucher by an authenticated user. FileSender is developed to the requirements of the higher education and research community.
The purpose of the software is to send a large file to someone, have that file available for download for a certain number of downloads and/or a certain amount of time, and after that automatically delete the file. The software is not intended as a permanent file publishing platform.
More information about the software can be found at: http://www.filesender.org
To log into FileSender you need to be part of Edugate – HEAnet’s Access Federation.
For more information on how to join Edugate please visit: http://www.edugate.ie
FileSender is released under the BSD license. It is open source software and available for free.
More information: http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/file_sender/
- send arbitrarily large files from a user to one or more other users
- pause and resume upload
- integrates with various authentication mechanisms using SimpleSAMLphp (SAML2)
- automatic deletion of shared files after X amount of time or X number of downloads (planned)
- upload vouchers to allow users without an account to upload a file
- builds on Flash and Google Gears.