HEAnet provides a Point to Point Service which allows institutions to link remote sites and campuses into a single Local Area Network.
It is a established, cost-effective service of substantial use to Irish educational and research facilities who have multiple locations, campuses or remote buildings.
A Point-to-Point link aids in the smooth delivery of HEAnet services and can be an asset to any institution.
- Academic and research institutions in Ireland can often be spread across numerous locations and sites.
- Extending a Local Area Network to include all sites carries multiple benefits for an institution:
- Network Privacy
- Firewall Coherence
- Functionality of WiFi and Shared Services
- Remote Lab / Machine Sharing
- HEAnet’s Point-to-Point service is a cost-effective solution, which can be tailored for each and every institution.
- As the network provider, HEAnet is in an ideal position to deliver seamless network and LAN extensions – ensuring excellent connectivity to data centres and co-location equipment.
- Point-to-Point links can be smoothly rolled out for clients, depending on end point locations, third parties and available resources.