Latest Security News
Would you like to receive our latest security news via email?
The HEAnet-Security mailing list is used to disseminate relevant security information to nominated HEAnet client contacts. If you would like to subscribe to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of an incident, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Contact our Service Desk, Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30 (excepting public holidays)
Tel: +353 (0)1 6609040
We’re here to help
The HEAnet NOC maintains contact with bodies such as the Irish National Cyber Security Centre, the Garda National Cyber Crime Bureau (GNCCB), NREN CERTs and cyber security companies and can provide contacts and coordination in the case of an incident.
We would recommend that contacting HEAnet should be a step in your major incident or DR/BCP planning as it is essential for us to stay informed about any changes or events to the network so we can best support you.
In case of an incident, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
HEAnet Security Services
Here are the relevant HEAnet services which can help you to increase your security and mitigate against cyber attacks.
Cert is our single contact point for clients dealing with security incidents. This service rapidly provides support, advice and expertise:
- Technical assistance as to what to do in the case of an incident
- The collection, analysis and reporting of statistics on incidents
- Notifications to sites that they may have been the source, intermediary or target of an attack, as they can often be unaware
- CERT is also ready to assist all HEAnet clients who wish to proactively seek support for any perceived security issues and vulnerabilities
The Client Netflow Portal allows HEAnet clients to visualise their traffic flows and identify from where inbound traffic is coming and to where outbound traffic is going.
The DDoS Mitigation service “scrubs” traffic, removing the attack traffic and letting good traffic continue as normal. The system responds automatically to volumetric attacks and can be manually enabled for any specific host in a client network, or for subnets up to a /24.
A list of known bad IP addresses that can be configured on a mail server to ensure no mail is received from those subnets.
HEAnet provides a range of ICT Security services to advise and assist client IT departments on the best and most up to date IT Security Services. This includes Security Awareness training.
For more details on any of the listed services please contact our Service Desk email@example.com.
- Cyber attacks are highly time-sensitive, so it is important that organisations have a well-rehearsed response plan in place in order to prepare.
- The prevention of cyber attacks is key and we urge you to follow the advice from The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC).
- In particular, we recommend reviewing the 12 Steps to Cyber Security – Guidance on Cyber Security for Irish Business and the gov.ie page on how to be safe online.
- Join the Cyber Security Hub on LinkedIn
- Irish Economic Crime Survey 2020 Report
- RIPE NCC Anti-Abuse Support – What to Do if It Happens to You