To ensure that we continuously deliver services that correspond to the needs of our clients, we always have a number of services “in the pipeline”.
Services in the pipeline encompass in-house developments, existing service enhancements and services from the international NREN (national research & education network) community made available to our clients through GÉANT services as part of our collaborative membership: (HEAnet & GÉANT)
Recently launched services
- Azure ExpressRoute a HEAnet Service to provide Microsoft ExpressRoute connectivity in Dublin and Amsterdam.
- Client Netflow Portal a web based service to allow clients to monitor network traffic flows on their connections to HEAnet.
- Managed eduroam IdP a GÉANT based service for small clients (<200 people) allowing them to implement Identity Management (for eduroam) in their organisation without needing the skills or infrastructure inhouse.
Services in Pre-Production
- Firewall on Demand allows clients to block IP ranges accessing their network ranges.
- Layer 3 VPN a new advanced network service as for clients with complex multisite networks providing more efficient and scalable solution.
Services Being Evaluated
- AWS Direct Connect a service which allows HEAnet customers to connect directly to AWS (Amazon Web Services), establishing direct private network connections to VPCs (virtual private clouds) within AWS.
- eduroam Visitor Access (EVA) a service to provide short term eduroam access for campus
- eduVPN Secure Browsing a GÉANT service to provide secure VPN connectivity (for staff/students in public wifi locations for secure browsing)