HEAnet’s data centre hosting service facilitates clients who wish to install equipment in a fully managed data centre environment.
The service connects client equipment to HEAnet’s high speed IP network, meeting all environmental, power and connectivity needs. This is an ideal solution for clients who are taking measures to facilitate:
- Server hosting
- Business Continuity (Disaster Recovery)
- Projects (continual or once-off) between multiple institutions
- Service Profile SLA Data Protection Addendum
Who Can Use It?
- Data centre hosting is available to all clients of HEAnet
- The service is run on a not-for-profit basis.
Our Data Centres
HEAnet runs data centres in Dublin (Blanchardstown and Parkwest) and Waterford.
Both our Dublin data centres provide:
- A maximum power draw of 3.5 kW per cabinet
- Allotments of 1⁄4, 1⁄2, 3⁄4 or full cabinets
- Resilient connectivity to HEAnet’s high speed network at 1Gpbs as standard (10Gbps also available)
- A full range of value added services
For higher power hosting requirements we have 10kW cabinets in Blanchardstown and 10kW, 15kW and 30kW cabinets in Waterford.
Value Added Services
HEAnet provides a number of value added services to clients availing of data centre hosting:
- Keyboard, Video and Mouse (KVM) interface for simple remote “out of band” management
- Remotely accessible Power Distribution Units (PDU) to allow clients to power cycle equipment
- Remote Hands and Eyes for when human intervention to equipment is needed
- LAN Extensions are available between hosted equipment and the Institution’s Campus Network
- Connectivity including Resilient Ethernet Links – 1Gbps included as standard (10Gbps also available).
For an additional cost, HEAnet can spec and procure servers on behalf of the client. We can also install and manage an Ubuntu Linux operating system.
Our standard (3.5kW) Data Centre Hosting including power and cooling – is charged annually, in advance, to facilitate budget planning.
Hosting of a full 3.5kW cabinet in Blanchardstown or Parkwest is €12,000 p.a. (ex VAT). Pro-rata rates for 1⁄4, 1⁄2, 3⁄4 allotments are also available.
Our high-powered Data Centre Hosting (Blanchardstown and Waterford) – is charged at a fixed annual rate per cabinet. This can vary depending on power requirements:
Electricity for high-powered cabinets is metered per cab and charged quarterly in arrears, based on usage.
Support and information on HEAnet’s Data Centre Hosting service is available through the HEAnet NOC.
You can contact HEAnet’s Network Operations Centre (NOC) by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01-660 9040. The NOC hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 17:30.
The NOC is committed to ensuring every client receives a consistent, responsive service with an emphasis on minimising client disruption.