The Edugate Resource Registry is a centralised management system for the Edugate multiparty *SAML federation.
It underpins the “circle-of-trust” between Identity Providers and Service Providers and allows Identity Provider administrators to self-manage their internal policies around publishing attributes for specific service users.
- edugate.heanet.ie jagger.heanet.ie
- Synchronise SAML metadata from another federation
- Merge bilateral and multi-party federated trust relationships into a single web-of-trust containing metadata of all trusted partners
- Support for MDQ (Metadata Query Protocol)
- Create and edit metadata of individual entities
Edugate Resource Registry is powered by JAGGER – HEAnet’s in-house software, which publishes source-code for its research & education (NREN) community. JAGGER can also be used to manage the web-of-trust for a single SAML entity or as a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for a Shibboleth SAML Identity Provider.
*SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) is an XML-based framework for authentication and authorisation between two entities: a Service Provider and an Identity Provider. SAML is a standard single sign-on (SSO) format.