EOSC-Ireland is a forum that was setup as a result of the National Open Science Tri-partite event held in September 2022. Visit Ireland’s National Tripartite Event for more information.
It is based on an MS Teams group at HEAnet and currently includes 36 members and has an associated mailing list EOSC-Ireland@heanet.ie.
The purpose of the forum is to bridge national developments in Open Science and those happening at European level through the EOSC-Association (eosc.eu) and the EOSC (European Open Science Cloud) Steering Board. Several events and webinars have taken place and are planned over the coming months:
- 5 December 2022 on monitoring Open Science: Policies and Practices by Member States. The collection of data for 2022 is in progress and the results will be shown later this year.
- 7 February 2023 on Financial Sustainability of EOSC core functionality. Find out more.
- 29 March 2023 on FAIR metrics and Data Quality. Find out more.
- 16 May 2023 on Long Term Data Preservation. Find out more.
The EOSC-Ireland group now can shape the Horizon Europe Work Programme on Open Science for 2025-2027 via a consultation on the Multi Annual Roadmap (MAR) developed by the EOSC association. Feedback on the MAR is expected by mid-April and will be used by the EOSC Association in negotiations with the EC on the upcoming work programme. By joining EOSC-Ireland you will be able to contribute to the consultation.
The EOSC-Ireland group is also informed of and consulted on the works of the EOSC Steering board (EOSC-SB) which focuses on policy position papers developed by EU member states and associated countries. There are currently 4 policy areas the EOSC-SB is working on:
- Monitoring of policies and practices related to Open Science
- FAIR data and sovereignty
- Data Literacy
- Relationships to commercial suppliers
Documentation related to these policies is available in the MS teams’ group so EOSC-Ireland members can access them and provide feedback. In addition, the EOSC-SB welcomes experts to contribute directly to the development of such policy position papers.
To join the EOSC-Ireland group, and if you would like to contribute to policy development in EOSC-SB and help shape the Horizon Europe Work Programme 2025-2027 via the MAR consultation of the EOSC-Association, please send an email to Roberto.Sabatino@heanet.ie.