Layer 3 VPN is a network service that provides scalable, private connections between your primary institution and remote sites with multi-point to multi-point connectivity between them all.
The VPN can include hundreds of sites while always keeping the VPN traffic separate from all other traffic on the network. Some of the features of the HEAnet Layer 3 VPN are:
- Sites can be added or removed as required
- Provides any site to any other site connectivity within the Layer 3 VPN
- Private or public IP addressing can be used
- Both IPv4 and IPv6 are supported
- Can be used with the HEAnet Multidomain VPN service to provide a private IP network between you and facilities around the world across HEAnet / NREN networks.