Listserv is available to all HEAnet clients and allows them to create and self-manage single or multiple email lists easily and securely.
Listserv can be used for simple tasks such as arranging meetings and announcing conferences, or for more complex tasks such as collaborating on large projects.
Users can create limited lists where they control who can be subscribed, or open lists where anyone can join.
To apply for a Listserv mailing list please complete this web-form: https://webforms.heanet.ie/listserv
Listserv has certain conditions that must be adhered to:
- The topic to be discussed by the list must be of relevance to the Higher Educational and Research Community
- Two list owners must be appointed, at least one of whom must belong to a HEAnet client institution
- List Owners should be familiar with LSOFT’s LISTSERV Owner’s Manual and with LISTSERV AUP
- Once you have read these documents, you can complete the above web application form
- Listserv lists are self-managed by the HEAnet client and the List Owner
- To set up a list you must first contact the support staff at your own HEAnet client institution – as they will be the point of contact for list owners with difficulties.
- Once set-up, maintenance of the lists is the list owner’s responsibility.
Costs: Listserv is available to HEAnet clients at no extra cost.View Listserv Privacy Statement