HEAnet Group (HEAnet and its subsidiary company EduCampus) has been reaccredited with Ibec’s workplace wellness accreditation, The KeepWell Mark, as part of the ongoing commitment to employee wellness, health, and safety to its employees.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, this years’ audit has been completed online and HEAnet is proud to be among one of the first companies to complete the remote audit process. HEAnet has been initially awarded with The KeepWell Mark back in 2018, read more about it here: https://www.heanet.ie/news/heanet-group-achieves-accreditation-under-ibecs-keepwell-mark
The KeepWell Mark is an evidence based accreditation and award that recognises Irish employers for investing in workplace health and wellbeing. Its aim is to help business benchmark workplace wellbeing activity through a set of systematic and methodical steps. The framework includes a self assessment, an onsite assessment from an Ibec approved external assessor, and culminates with a report that outlines areas for improvement – allowing your business to chart its way to success.
The accreditation takes a holistic approach, focusing on eight key areas and how they impact our business.
These eight areas of improvement are:
- Leadership – how our organisation uses its policies and practices to create a working environment that is conducive to health
- Absence Management – how information is used to help inform management practice, and support staff health and attendance
- Smoke Free – The ways in which our organisation goes beyond the minimum legal requirements in encouraging staff to be smokefree
- Physical Activity – how our organisation actively promotes the importance and benefits of regular physical activity and creates opportunities for our staff to become involved
- Health & Safety – how our organisation monitors and improves health and safety
- Mental Health – how the organisation protects and promotes the mental wellbeing of its staff including appropriated policies, management training, and support mechanisms.
- Healthy Eating – The ways in which our organisation actively encourages and enables staff to eat healthily
- Intoxicants – how our organisation responds to and provides solutions for problematic use of intoxicants
Speaking on The KeepWell Mark process, Katie Harris, People Operations Business Partner said: “Our commitment to employee wellness, health and safety is now more important than ever. Since the start of the pandemic, we recognized that we are not working from home, we are at home, during a crisis, trying to work. We have decided to enter the remote audit process for The KeepWell Mark to ensure we are on the right track and we are delighted with the results and learnings gained as part of the process.”
Sophie Moran, Programme Manager of The KeepWell Mark in Ibec said: “We’re delighted to award HEAnet with their second successive KeepWell Mark accreditation. The continued efforts they have made in supporting the health and wellbeing of their employees is to be highly commended, particularly in what has been a challenging year for the business community. We hope their commitment will inspire many other organisations to approach wellbeing as a strategic priority both now and in the future.”
Further information on The KeepWell Mark, its benefits and processes can be found here: